CBS Case Study : SKD11 Precision Mirror Finished Polishing
- Material of Work piece : SKD11 (HRC60)
- Wheel Specification : WA500 CBS1A
CBS Case Study : Aluminum Alloy Polishing
- Grinding Issue : The original bonded wheel was used to grind Aluminum 5XXX and resulted in a bad surface roughness with scratch, due to the dropped abrasive.
- Roughness Requirement : Ra0.3 ~ 0.5
- Solution : Using Anchor CBS GC320# grinding wheel which was expected to reduce abrasive dropping and enhance the roughness.
- Test Result : GC3201M25CBS1A reached the requirement of Ra0.27 and even better than customer’s expectation on roughness. The online balance correcting is also helpful to improve the roughness and increase yield.